Here are the steps on how to make a really quick and easy apron from a dish towel…
1. Iron the dish towel. Fold down the corners so that you have the top of your apron. Pin down the corners and hold it up to see if the size is right.
2. When you have it just the way you want it, press the corners down. Then sew them with a 1/4” seam allowance from the folded edge.
3. Cut off the excess material from the flaps about 1/4” from the seam. Use pinking shears if you have them.
4. Attach your straps (make sure they are the length you want before you sew them on) on the back of your apron right where the bottom of your corner was. Be sure to go over it a few times to make sure it is secure.
5. Now attach your neck strap. Pin it on and make sure you can get it over your head and that you like the length before you sew it on. You can do it to the back or to the front of the apron. Again, be sure to go back and forth a few times to secure it well.
this one is fastened to the front and then accented with wooden buttons
6. Embellishments are next… If you want to, you can attach pockets, ribbon, ric-rack, buttons, whatever you would like. Or you can do nothing at all.
two pockets with ric-rack accents
7. Now you’re done! Enjoy your new apron and clean pants… :o)