Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Owl’d With the Old & In With the New

Way back in July of 2009, before owls were so trendy and hip, I made myself a messenger bag. As soon as I saw it, I was in love!

owl purse 01 owl purse 02

Since then it has been my favorite bag. I’ve tried others, but not for long, and I kept coming back to it. It has gone with me everywhere! It has been to the mall, the doctor’s office, Disneyland, the beach, picnicking at the park, spelunking at Ape Caves, rockin’ out at concerts… It has carried way more than it’s share of weight and held up like steel!

But it’s looking pretty sad now. The handles are frayed, it’s quite dingy and I’m not sure how it would hold up in the wash. It’s been ready for retirement for a while now but I just couldn’t let it go. Everywhere I went, random strangers would compliment me on it. I have to admit that it was a nice boost for my ego and a good reason to keep using it, despite being well past its prime.

owl bag 03Then a friend tagged me on a picture of a cute and fun owl bag on Pinterest. I knew this could be the one to replace my dear old friend. I made a reasonable facsimile and was quite pleased with the results…

owl bag 01owl bag 02I especially love the pockets!

I made up my mind that after I took my oldest son to his doctor’s appointment last evening, I would make the trade.

As we’re checking out, the receptionist exclaims, “I love your bag! The owl on it is so cute!”

I still haven’t switched bags yet… ;o)  

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you can make a throw pillow out of the old one so you can keep it but still move on?

    ReplyDelete