Thursday, December 6, 2012

Hawaiian Quilt

While in Hawaii celebrating our 20th anniversary I saw so many gorgeous and elaborate quilts! The appliqué was so intricate and I knew I would NEVER make one… I fell in love with the pineapple design that we saw everywhere!

hawaii day six 31 these quilts were at the Dole plantation

We did all our souvenir shopping at the swap meet at the Aloha Stadium in Honolulu. Talk about bargains! I was able to get a pineapple motif pillow for only $10!

But my greatest and favorite find was a huge stack of pre-cut squares in Hawaiian prints for only $3.50!!! Yes, I said $3.50! There were nearly 300 squares in the stack!!!

I took my favorites that all coordinated with each other and laid them out…

Hawaii quilt - The Backyard FarmwifeThen I did it again…

Hawaii quilt - The Backyard Farmwife 

Then I posted pics on FB and thanks to everyone’s feedback I came up with this…

Hawaii quilt - The Backyard FarmwifeIt took a while for me to finally finish the whole thing up, but I finally did it!!!

I added an orange Hawaiian print back and decided to go with the no-binding method.

hawaii quilt - The Backyard Farmwife

Now it’s ready to snuggle under with my honey while watching movies or reading in front of the fire with a cup of hot tea!

hawaii quilt - The Backyard Farmwife  hawaii quilt - The Backyard Farmwife

No comments:

Post a Comment