Monday, April 28, 2008

Sewing At The Beach

I brought all my sewing stuff with us to the beach so my sister and I could sew while we were on vacation. We got everything set up (which made eating and cooking more of a hastle), but didn't get as much sewing done as we would have liked.

But I did get to make two trips to one of my two favorite quilting stores. The other is in Perham, MN. The second trip wasn't planned but it turned out ok. I had to buy more needles for my machine because I broke my last one sewing a really cute purse made of recycled jeans. :o( But while I was there I found a fabric to match an Oriental toille that I just love, some really cute boy quilt fabric, flannels and buttons to make a puppy quilt and sewing machine needles.






the perfect match!

puppy flannels
I love these prints!

I also cut and layed out all the pieces for my Going On Twenty quilt I am making for our church Block Party this summer. It is bigger and brighter than I expected, but I think I will like it.



And since it didn't rain on Thursday, I was able to take a "perfect shot" of the shopping bag I finished but haven't posted yet.



Oh, and I got all kinds of great sewing stuff for my birthday. Like purse handles, vintage fabrics and hankies, mum fabric I couldn't get here at home anymore, and JoAnn's gift cards! I don't even know where to start...

No comments:

Post a Comment