Sunday, March 7, 2010

Matchstick Crosses

Even though it’s a little late, we made matchstick crosses today for Ash Wednesday at Family Nite tonight. I really wanted to make one because I always remember my grandparents having one hanging on the wall of their TV room.

With 7 families burning matches to make about a dozen crosses, the fellowship hall seemed more like a smoky tavern than a church basement… Well, except for the fact that it smelled much better. LOL

After the smoke cleared and worship time, we all got to work. They didn’t look that hard, but they were a little more tedious and sometimes more frustrating than we thought they’d be.

I’m not sure if I’ll make another one, but I’m glad I did it. I made the smaller of the two patterns. Chris made his the bigger one out of un-burned matches. He’s planning on lighting the whole thing at once. I’ll take pics and post them later… I’m sure it’ll be interesting! :o)

matchstick crosses 08

matchstick crosses 09

Chris and his cross before the burning…

No comments:

Post a Comment