Friday, March 5, 2010

Treasures From The Bins

I know this isn’t all about crafts, but it was therapeutic…

Yesterday, Amy, Amy, Theresa and I went to “the bins” (aka Goodwill Outlet). I’d only heard the stories but had never been before. It was a total blast!

bday tea 07

It’s just a big warehouse full of row after row of bins FULL of Goodwill rejects! But there are some really terrific finds in all that garbage!!!

I got lots of stuff for sewing projects, some clothes for the boys and I, and just some fun little finds.

bday tea 09bday tea 08

If you ever get the chance, get some friends together and go. It’s kinda cool to fill up your cart and drive it onto the “truck scale” to see how much your treasures weigh.It’s the most fun you’ll have for about 89 cents a pound!!!

Here are some of the great things I brought home…

bins stuff 01this was the first thing I found

bins stuff 02 

I always need a new watering can…

bins stuff 05

and jelly jars

bins stuff 07

and Tupperware

bins stuff 08 

bins stuff 03

I always have to get some vintage/retro stuff for the kitchen

bins stuff 04

this might go up someday in the family room (I hope)

bins stuff 09

I liked these two angels for Christmas! The look really 70s and still have all the jewels on the collars!!!

bins stuff 12

I’m either going to embroider or appliqué something cute on this tablecloth

bins stuff 13

some pants, shorts, jeans and a dress shirt for the boys

bins stuff 14

bins stuff 16

bins stuff 18

some clothes for me (I got more that I didn’t take pictures of)

bins stuff 17

bins stuff 20some stuff for future sewing projects

bins stuff 06 

I even found some trailer levelers for Chris!

But these two things are my FAVORITE things…

bins stuff 10bins stuff 11this mint-condition set of retro pink snowflake glasses (I’m actually going to trade them with my sister for a really cool retro pitcher she found…) But I still LOVE them!

bins stuff 19  

and this SUPER tacky, just-had-to-have-it chicken-pockets apron!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment